lemon zest cookies
These super easy cookies are a tangy delicious treat, and a great addition to the kids lunch. Gluten-free and and naturally sweetened, they are a cinch to make and can be enjoyed baked or raw.
- 1-1/3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- zest of one lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra coconut for rolling
Mix all ingredients in food processor and blend until a paste forms. Scoop out dough and shape into balls about one inch in diameter. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
You can eat them as is, or bake in 250F oven for twenty minutes. Makes about 30 little cookies.
Note: Raw honey should never be given to infants as they lack sufficient stomach acid to combat the possibility of bacteria.